FT Lead Welding Instructor
- - Training – Welding
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
At the Tulsa Welding School & Technology Center in Houston, TX, students can receive training as a Welding Specialist or Welding Specialist with Pipefitting. Located in the heart of Texas, Houston is America's fourth-largest city, offering students a metropolitan atmosphere featuring both Southern hospitality and urban chic character. Situated just East of I-45 and just North of Beltway 8/Sam Houston Parkway, the campus is conveniently located to serve surrounding cities, including Baytown, Pasadena and Sugar Land.
Stratatech Core Values:
Integrity, Communication, Accountability, Respect, Excellence ("I CARE")
We are currently seeking an FT Lead Welding Instructor.
Provide leadership to the employees in the Training department. This position provides quality delivery of assigned courses using the appropriate methods, including teaching, tutoring, and lecturing. In addition, this position maintains a high student retention rate based on Company, regulatory, and accreditation guidelines. This position must evaluate and assist in the resolution of student issues and problems, and take appropriate action to the satisfaction of the student and in compliance with the policies, procedures and legal requirements of the company and/or regulatory agencies.
Job Type: Full Time
- Conduct classroom observations and surveys. Review the results with faculty, students, the Academic Dean/Director of Education, and staff as appropriate.
- Maintain an inventory of all equipment, book supplies, and training aids, and course materials within the respective program.
- Assist in ensuring that all instructors are present, and that adequate provisions are made for classes affected by faculty absences. Assist instructors on delivery methods that address students' different learning styles.
- Mentor and provide initial training for new instructors.
- Assist with scheduling instructors to assigned classes.
- Assist with faculty recruitment, hiring, orientation, professional development, evaluation, and management.
- Prepare and organize the lesson materials, equipment, and training areas.
- Teach classes where appropriate (see instructor job description).
- Enforce and support school policies and procedures, coach instructors as necessary.
- Assist in providing tutoring schedules and office hours to Education Supervisor and Student Services Manager. As well, assist in providing tutoring schedules to the Student Services Department.
- Where appropriate, communicate all changes to curriculum, books, and supplies.
- Contribute to the curriculum review process, making suggestions and collecting information from instructors.
- Where applicable, assist and coordinate externship or internship site visits with instructional staff.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of five years of field experience.
Must meet all minimum state licensing requirements in regards to relevant field experience. Must be able to teach all phases of the program.
Previous management or leadership roles a plus.
Teaching or training experience is preferred but not required.
Why should you apply?
Competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision
401(k) employer match
2 weeks PTO- 1st yr.
**Candidates must be able to successfully pass a criminal history check and drug test.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Interested? Apply now!
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts